I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
There is no substitute for a real friend! They are special blessings in one’s life.
Good friendships stem from family, casual friends, acquaintances. Friendship is built slowly but nothing can add more to your life than truly great friends.
Good friendships should result in self-improvement, better attitudes, self-reliance, comfort, consolation and self-respect.
Building close friendships takes years! Caring, listening, talking, sharing…
Talking is a primary building block of friendships. Listening is the glue.
Friends are loyal and trustworthy. You can share with them and know that they will keep confidences. They are also totally honest when one needs a good talking to.
Friends usually have similar values. One is usually brought together because of a similar interest or task at hand…co-workers, religious groups, community organizations, neighbors, mutual friends, etc.
"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." ~C.S.Lewis
There are those friendships that have real staying power. Even though you may not speak with them for years, you may call them or spend time with them and the time together melts away the years gone by. I have such friends.
Some married people are lucky enough to have couple friends where the wife clicks with the wife and the husband with the husband…it is a rarity but does happen. Perry and I have been fortunate in that way.
I’m afraid I’ve neglected friendships because of my busy life and yet my dearest friends have always kept a place for me and welcomed me back . We get busy with our families and our responsibilities but know we can depend on one another at any time.
Thanks to each of you, dear friends!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment