Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Notes from my heart

February is an important month in my life.
It is the month when we all celebrate our love for one another.
It is the month I was born to a huge, wonderful family.
It is the month my firstborn arrived.
My blog is entitled Room in the heart for a special reason.
Therefore, I wish to share some...
"notes from my heart"-

Today is my birthday...never have I pictured myself in my sixties but here I am.

No, I am not in my sixties, I'm in my forties with some 20 years additional experience! ;)

I spoke with most of my siblings and my children today as well as some special friends.

I love birthdays for that reason...connecting with loved ones.

Life is about people.

Today is my birthday...birthdays are often a day of celebration. I celebrate America with all of its opportunities. I celebrate the freedoms I enjoy. I celebrate the opportunity for service to others wherever we are.

Life is about opportunity and service.

Today is my birthday...birthdays can be a day of reflection. I reflect on how blessed I am. I reflect on the privileges of my life. I reflect on loved ones and health and happiness.

Life is about happiness.

1 comment:

Karalee said...

Happy Birthday!! What a wonderful post to write and reflect on your life. Thanks for sharing! Hope you had a great day!