Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Fresh Courage Take...

 

A powerful message of hope.
Elder Nelson shared a personal story
to give encouragement for when we feel" weak in the heart".
 
" I was in a small airplane and all of a sudden
the engine on the wing caught fire.
It exploded and burning oil was poured
all over the right side of the airplane,
and we started to dive towards the earth.
We were spinning down to our death.

Oh, this woman across the aisle, I was so sorry for her.
For she was uncontrollably hysterical, and I was calm.
I was totally calm even though I knew
I was going down to my death. I was ready to meet my maker.

We didn't crash, we didn't die.
The spiral dive extinguished the flame
and the pilot got control and started
the other engine up and we made an
emergency landing out in the field.

But I thought through that experience,
if you've got enough faith you can
handle difficulties knowing
that with an Eternal perspective, that all will be well.

IN LUKE 21 THE EARTH SHALL BE IN DISTRESS,
NATIONS WITH PERPLEXITY
WILL SEIGE AND THE WAVES ROARING.
MEN'S HEARTS FAILING THEM FOR FEAR.

WHAT WE'RE SEEING IS THE PREDICTION
THAT IN THESE LATTER DAYS,
PEOPLE WILL BE AFRAID,
MEN'S HEARTS ARE FAILING AND
THAT INCLUDES WOMEN,
BECAUSE THEY FORGET
THEIR IDENTITY AND THEIR PURPOSE.

Heartaches will come. I've lived through the death of a wife and the death of a
daughter. I've seen the troubles that divorce brings,
children or grandchildren go astray, disability, illness, injuries.

To the individual who is weak in the heart,
fearful in the heart, be patient with
yourself. Perfection comes not
in this life but in the next life.
Don't demand things that
are unreasonable,
but demand of yourself improvement.

As you let the Lord help you through that, he will make the difference. I'm so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ that allows me that kind of strength in these tumultuous times."

No comments: