DeAnne has been battling breast cancer for about 6 years. Like her daughter, Heidee, said, "She has been an example of determination, endurance, strength, and service."
She was not a stranger to physical or emotional pain for many years and on Jan 2nd (Camille's birthday) passed from this life. I'm sure it was a joyous family reunion with our parents and our two brothers, our two sisters and our grandparents and other loved ones
including Fred, father of their 7 children.
They were amazing how they pulled together as her health deteriorated.
Their lives are a tribute to her as they gave her physical and emotional support
whether they lived nearby or out of the state.
Those of us who could, traveled to be with her children for a Memorial Service on Jan. 8th 2013
After a family prayer offered by our brother, Gene, a beautiful service was held at the meetinghouse with memories and praise for her compassionate service to others.
Some of the family shared some of the many facets of her personality
and her testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
I'm sure she was especially pleased with the music performed by her grandchildren.
Those selections were How Great Thou Art and I Am A Child of God.
Those selections were How Great Thou Art and I Am A Child of God.
Following the service, there was a graveside gathering
and dedication of the grave by Don Decker, her eldest son.
Her family respected her wishes with this horsedrawn caison
and her casket covered with her handmade quilt with her grandchildren's handprints.
It was sewn by her eldest daughter, Julee,
for her surprise 70th birthday party just one year ago.
and her casket covered with her handmade quilt with her grandchildren's handprints.
It was sewn by her eldest daughter, Julee,
for her surprise 70th birthday party just one year ago.
DeAnne was the 8th and I am the 9th of the 11 children of Dorothy Dee and Harry B. Lyman.
We always shared a bedroom until she went to Snowflake with Margie Rogers,
a sister missionary who served in our neighborhood in Houston.
I knew DeAnne from a different perspective than most.
In her childhood we lived in Kaysville, Ut where she enjoyed 4-H
and took private roller skating lessons and I attended her performances.
She was active at Davis High in drama and had a boyfriend
and was crushed when we moved to Houston.
She was an amazing seamstress and received blue ribbons and cash awards for her beautiful work. She enjoyed volleyball and played on winning teams.
She worked at a telephone office in Houston and her paychecks
often brought her shoes...she loved shoes.She always bought me something too.
She was an excellent cook and made beautiful baked goods.
She strived for perfection in all that she attempted.
She enjoyed giving service to others and many will remember her selfless service to others.
Our favorite times together were when she felt carefree and we were silly
and giggled together with nose wiggling laughter.
She loved each of her 7 children...Don, Julee, Matt, Russ, Heidee, Spencer, and Anna.
She admired their individual qualities
because they excelled in areas where she felt that she fell short.
She was at her best with little children...and dearly loved her grandchildren.
She was very proud of them.
Lastly, she loved her Heavenly Father and believed in our Savior, Jesus Christ.
She is now free from pain and the cares of the world.
I look forward to seeing her again.
I will miss her.






No comments:
Post a Comment