Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy Birthday, Holly!

I attended a funeral today of a beautiful Daughter of God.  While I was serving as Relief Society President, she was one of our teachers in the Union 3rd Ward Relief Society.  She not only taught us on Sundays in class but she also taught many of us through the week by the way she lived her "gift of life".  She had a sense of humor that made all of us smile. She was a magnet for friends...no one could resist her.  She was brave and smart and had a strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She and her husband Quintin were on the activities committee and they made the activities so much more fun.  She and her friends have taught me many things by the way they live their lives. She is one of those special people who give us hope in the good things in life.  I hope that somehow she might cross our daughter's path in heaven and be her friend as well.

1 comment:

Sue said...

What a sweet post. Holly was amazing and she touched so many with her cheerful attitude.

I went to the viewing, and can't wait to hear about the funeral.

There is no doubt in my mind that Patrice and Holly will be good friends♥