I honor them at their passing...
Darlene Voorhees and Barbara Smith, two very different women and yet very much alike. They were great examples of Womanhood. They were kind, friendly and compassionate who were great wives, mothers, and friends to many.
Darlene loved to read good books. She had the title of "best cook in the West" and I enjoyed some of her delicious dishes. She was always giving some sort of service to those around her. I enjoyed our chats on the phone and in person. She was a wise woman. She enjoyed the beauty of nature. I will miss her.
Barbara was "a light and an inspiration to the world" as she served in various capacities in the Church and community. I was "one of the least of these" whom she served while I was caring for my mother-in-law, Helen, her friend and neighbor. Her son, Lowell, described her as intelligent, beautiful, witty and wise. I agree. I am among many who will miss her.


No comments:
Post a Comment