Thursday, May 6, 2010

Anyone remember the prayer rock?

When our children were small, we made prayer rocks to put on our pillows each night to remind us to kneel by our beds and say our nightly prayers.
I ran across this image and it reminded me of that teaching time. I hope our children are continuing that habit and teaching it to their children.  Regular heartfelt prayer can help us in our daily lives as we go through the joys and challenges of our time on earth. I believe we have a Heavenly Father that loves us and is concerned in our lives. He knows us individually and if we will but communicate with Him on a regular basis through our Savior Jesus Christ, we can be inspired and directed in our lives.

I am your little Prayer Rock, and this is what I'll do... Just put me on your pillow until the day is through.

When you're turning back your covers and are climbing into bed,

WHACK! your little Prayer Rock will hit you on the head.

I'm just here to remind you, when the day is through...

It's time to kneel and say your prayers, just like you meant to do.

When you are finished praying, just drop me on the floor

and I'll stay there all through the night to help you out once more.

When you wake up in the morning and OUCH! you stump your toe,

It's me again reminding you--say your prayers before you go.

Put me back upon your pillow when your bed is made

And your clever little Prayer Rock will continue in your aid!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom, Yes, I do remember the prayer rocks. In fact, I still have mine. Thank you for the reminder and your testimony.

Love you!